INTERNS FOR SUMMER EVENTS NEEDED
JUNE 2018- SEPTEMBER 2018
SALARY: $16/ HOUR
We are seeking five interns to join us for summer events in the Seattle, beginning June 2018.
You will be required to work a fulltime (37.5 hours a week) for four complete months over summer.
The role will liaise with the Events Manager and related administrative teams. You will be involved in setting up and arranging any trade shows and exhibitions that are to take place over the summer months.
You will work both on your own and as part of a busy team member. You will also be expected to work with the public, assisting team members and providing advice and information.
Comfortable with a public service role, this job will entail cash handling, event co-ordination and directing members of the public.
As an intern, you will be just starting out in your career as an events organizer and willing to learn.
You will be provided with a learning mentor, who will help nurture you during the four month period you are with us.
YOUR MAIN DUTIES
- Constructing briefs for each of our summer events.
- Liaising with the directors about the tradeshows and other summer events in the city.
- Arranging sales expeditions, events for clients and partnerships and other duties as outlined by the Events Manager.
- Handling cash and working with the general public at admissions point.
- Being the main face to meet and greet at our events.
- Arranging admin and hospitality for our events and shows.
- Be happy to undertake any other duties that may occur in the course of your work.
- Liaising with the marketing and advertising departments and assisting with publicity material.
- Working on our social media platforms and creating content across all our channels, regarding our events.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Marketing and advertising tactics, including SEO and co ordinating social media campaigns.
- To prioritize workloads and delegate responsibilities as necessary.
- How to arrange meetings and shows and all the administration demands that goes with it.
- Working as part of a busy and energetic team.
- Dealing with the public and being comfortable in that role.
- Being the sole point of contact for many events.
- How to actively solve practical workplace problems.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- A fantastic learning experience on city class project management.
- How to arrange and organize events.
- Invaluable events management experience.
- Well paid work for the summer holidays.
- A great addition to your resume!